Director, Supply Management - Apparel & Licensing
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
We maximize employee flexibility and well-being through a virtual mindset that supports our highly distributed, global workforce. We take an outcome-focused, people-centered approach to winning, including welcoming the best talent - wherever they may be.
This remote role is not tightly linked to a physical location and provides flexibility in where, when and how you accomplish your work.
Reporting to the General Manager of Commercial Operations, the Director of Supply Management of Apparel and Licensing will oversee global production, ensuring on-time deliveries of high-quality, exceptional products to our global markets. You will lead a team that optimizes supply plans and purchase orders that balance supplier capabilities and logistical constraints while meeting targeted service level metrics. You will work across functions to solve planning and purchasing-related issues, identify risks and opportunities, ensuring the right product is delivered to the right place at the right time. In partnership with Sourcing, they will build, strengthen, and maintain supplier relationships mutually beneficial.
The Director of Supply Management of Apparel and Licensing is a key cross-functional member of the Commercial organization and will have peer stakeholders that include senior leaders across Product Development, Sourcing, Merchandising, Demand and Inventory Planning, Sales, and Order Management.
• Manage vendor relationships related to production activities, from issuing POs to on-time delivery to global distribution centers.
• Partner with Sourcing and Product Development on time and action calendars, GTM strategies, and managing data accuracy across systems (Flex PLM and SAP).
• Ensure factory partners have the appropriate capacity to accommodate growth targets and product flow.
• Identify and manage expediting needs and work with suppliers on prioritization and options to meet targeted delivery schedules.
• Elevate and drive best-in-class supply management systems and processes to create, issue, and monitor global purchase orders.
• Evolve and elevate WIP reporting and communication to internal stakeholders on delivery statuses.
• Collaborate with DPIM on data accuracy, forecasting, availability dates, system flows, and the open-to-buy process.
• Partner with Logistics to schedule and book inbound transportation.
• Partner with finance to reconcile invoices, ensuring on-time payments to vendors.
• Coach, train, and develop a world-class supply management team.
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• Minimum of 10 years of production, supply planning, or similar experience with global apparel and equipment brands.
• Strong understanding of supply chain metrics, production planning, and vendor relationships
• Experience of proven success in global production and supply chain leadership in a fast-paced, multi-category, and multi-channel environment. The leader is a visionary, always with his or her eye on the horizon.
• Track record as an authentic leader- honest and open with their teams, a strong sense of integrity, and a solid ethical code you live by.
• Focus on generating results through innovative solutions that focus on the long-term, meaningful, sustained improvements.
• Proven success in driving costs down while improving performance and ROI.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Inspires others through communication.
• Able to influence across all levels of the organization.
• A strong vision for what great looks like within the supply chain and production organization.
• Not content with the status quo yet focused on driving positive change.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional environment and lead a team of skilled professionals to deliver corporate results.